Friday, October 31, 2014

DIY mod podge


 Last night I started a DIY project that called for a lot of decoupage or mod podge.  I transformed these two tables back to matching. As for how they got so miss matched in the first place that's all in the post titled "DIY Skull Tables" as well as the steps I took to complete the project. Follow the link to see that post.
DIY Skull Tables
 
 
 I didn't have that much mod podge on hand nor do I have the money at this time to buy enough. So I finally attempted at making my own. I don't think I will ever use anything else again for this kind of project. I was able to create it for around a dollar and it seems to be working like a charm.
 So here's how I did it. 
 
White Glue
I was able to get two for a dollar of this glue from the Dollar tree.
 
 
Pour the entire thing into a clean, suitably sized (or in my case over sized)  jar.
 
 
WATER
Then fill the emptied glue bottle half way with water. and give it a few shakes to loosen up any of the glue still clinging to the walls. And pour that into the jar with the glue.
 
 


 And Shake it like a polaroid picture..... or carefully and with a finger or two bracing the lid so that it doesn't come flying off and flinging glue water everywhere.... you know which ever.
 
 
I applied a quick crappy label .
 
 
Alright that's all I did! So after that I just got to podging and completed this little project...
 
Don't forget to go check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment